Essential oils are the vital and aromatic fluids of a plant, shrub, root, herb, flower, seed or tree. You can think of an essential oil as a plant's 'immune sytem' - it is essential to the life and health of the plant and protects the plant from disease, provides nutrients and helps to repel insects. Essential oils are primarily extracted through careful steam distillation (and also through cold pressing) to ensure that the important and health-giving constituents of the oil remain intact. Even though essential oils seem to be quite a popular trend these days, they have been used to support vibrant health and vitality for thousands of years, with their use dating back as far as Biblical times.
Use can use essential oils by inhaling or diffusing them.
Rub 2–3 drops of essential oil between your palms and inhale.
Add a few drops of essential oil to a bowl of hot water.
Cover your head and bowl with a towel. Breathe deeply and slowly.
Use your favourite essential oils in your YL diffusers.
Many essential oils are safe and beneficial to use directly on the skin.
Place 2–3 drops of essential oil directly on the desired area and massage in. Repeat as desired. Always follow the label’s dilution instructions (we love to dilute our oils with a carrier oil like fractionated coconut oil!).
You can ingest some essential oils!
Add selected essential oils as a flavouring to your favourite recipes & beverages. Or use them as a dietary supplement as part of your health routine.
One of our favourite ways to ingest oils is to add a few drops to some cold water and drink!
Always remember to check the label of an oil - to see if it is indicated for use as a internal supplement.
Among essential oil users there's so much debate as to which company is 'the best'. We aren't going to give a comparison of all the companies out there. We truly believe that each person should make up their own mind what they think will be best for them and their family. For us, Young Living oils were the missing piece to our family's health routine. We chose to go with them and wholeheartedly stand by their products for a variety of reasons:
- Young Living has 20+ years of experience and is the world leader and pioneer in essential oil research and distillation process.
- Young Living oils are beyond organic. Why? Check out their seed to seal process here.
- Each batch of oils is rigorously tested in house for therapeutic viability. Check out their testing process here.
- Young Living own their own farms across the globe. Read about their farms here.
- You can actually visit the farms and participate in the harvest/distillation process. Watch the Idaho Balsalm Fir harvest here.
- Young Living is the only company to submit their oils to AIRASE for purity testing. Read more about AIRASE here.
- With over 120 singles and blends, Young Living has a great selection of oils available.
- Young Living has an unmatched Seed to Seal process to guarantee the purity and potency of every oil.
- Young Living oils do not have an expiration date.
- Young Living Vitality oils are safe for ingestion.